Thursday, August 6, 2009

Before I begin, let me just say something to "Bill". You already make me regret starting this blog. The prospect of actual feedback from real people excited me after getting home, and then I saw your name on the post. I will never respond to you again, and please stop visiting my site. Instead of refuting you point by point, I will merely inform you that conservativism is in fact a word. It's a collective movement of Americans who want to return to true conservative politics. You say conservatives have an ideology? You could not be more wrong. Strictly speaking, the conservative movement has no ideology. The original framers of the system, from Edmund Burke to William F. Buckley and Allan Bloom, would agree with me. In addition, modern politics have stripped the true philosophy and goals from conservatism almost entirely. Japan's Liberal Democratic Party follows these writers more closer than today's American Republicans. The term conservative has almost no meaning anymore, as opposed to Conservativism, which is an active movement.  Get it?  Both an ideology and a set of practical beliefs. Once more, never read or post on my Blog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment